Saturday, April 8, 2017

The Boy In The Black Suit by Jason Reynolds


Have you ever felt lonely? Lost? and wanting to find someone to relate too? Matt a 17 year old boy felt that way. 

The Boy In The Black Suit is truly a great book! Its a very emotional book that will make you feel all sorts of feelings as well as excitement. Its and easy book to read and a fast read. Its very nice written book of a young man who attends funerals of others after his mother pass away. ITs mixture of grieving and hope. 

It starts off with Matt  going to school after two weeks of being absent and how it feels as though its the first day of school. His Mother pass away and he lost his job as a bank where he liked it and paid good. Now Matt is force to find a new job and help his father with bills and rent. He eventually starts working at a funeral home where he wears a black suit every day as goes to work. He eventually meets a girls who has as many as more problems  than Matt.  I really like that Matt met Lovey and they related and connected so easily. They both grew from their tragedies and understood each other loneness feelings.  

I feel like many people can relate to this book dealing with grief especially that of a parent. I can most definitely relate to it, and how almost every single little detail reminds you of that special someone that pass away. when I first starting reading it it was so touching and relatable to me and as I continue to read it I realized how wonderful the book was and how much I really enjoy it. I would definitely recommend this book to everyone looking for a good novel. 

This link will take you to a short video of the author Jason Reynolds inspiring young readers to read more and ambition greater things. Its a nice video! Enjoy it! 

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds very interesting. The concept of attending the funerals of others who are not related to you is interesting. Does this book teach empathy and compassion or being there for other people during their times of need. I guess ill have to read it and find out!! Haha

    Great post! It really got my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! The premise of the book sounds interesting, I would like to read it. I was particularly interested in Matt's black suit. A black suit symbolizes someone who is grieving a loss but the fact that it is his uniform to work is especially unique. It seems that the black suit now symbolizes a new beginning for Matt.

    ReplyDelete