Saturday, April 22, 2017

Elephant Talk by Ann Downer


I remember always being fascinated by elephants when I saw them at the zoo in my childhood. They were these humongous creatures, 5 times the size of my 6 year-old self and the sound they would make was boisterous. Fast forward to my 18 year-old self taking a summer trip to Thailand; I had an amazing opportunity to interact with elephants close up at this elephant sanctuary. I saw from these encounters how amazing these animals were, but after reading this book, I definitely see them to be so much more!

Elephant Talk by Ann Downer is a non-fiction book that includes a lot of information from years of research on elephants. From the way they communicate, herd, different types of elephants, etc. The images paired with the surprising research make for an easy and captivating read for people of all ages, especially animal lovers!

Downer did a great job with the way she worded her narration, as well. Nonfiction is a tough genre for many readers to get into, but the subject and the way she introduced it was captivating. By the end of the book, I was amazed at the complexity of these amazing animals, and I'm sure anyone else who picks up this book would be, too!


https://anndowner.wordpress.com/elephant-talk/about-the-book/

No comments:

Post a Comment